We have developed and managed more than 100 civic engagement programs in New England. They include projects in the areas of transportation, public health, emergency response, planning, environmental review and major construction. We develop a public outreach strategy and implementation plan in consultation with the project owner and the planning, design and construction management teams.
- Setting up briefings, advisory groups, public meetings and hearings, groundbreakings, tours and open houses
- Conducting stakeholder assessments, focus groups and interviews
- Developing surveys and questionnaires to gauge stakeholder knowledge and preferences
- Developing and maintaining project databases to share information, advise stakeholders of construction impacts and traffic changes and announce meetings and events
- Providing meeting moderation and facilitation
- Developing and updating websites, social media, fact sheets and blogs
- Developing and maintaining community issues/mitigation tracking systems, including managing hotlines and emails and responding to stakeholder questions and concerns
- Developing and implementing media strategies
- Writing background papers and feature articles for general and trade press
- Working with community and neighborhood organizations to engage interest groups, businesses, the elderly and youth, and Environmental Justice and Title VI populations, including translation and interpretation
Strategic Planning and Facilitation
Effective management is essential for implementing public policy and building consensus and support for projects, changing behavior and enhancing public safety. We believe in managing programs in collaboration with our clients, on time, and within budget. Our process begins with meeting the client to understand program goals, challenges and organizational issues; reviewing and developing a strategic plan; and assisting the client with implementation. We consistently evaluate the effectiveness of our program reach and content using feedback and web analytics, as well as program-specific tools. We share reports with our clients and adjust programs accordingly.
- Organizational and project development
- Management consulting (public policy, public health, transportation and water resource sectors)
- Design and facilitation of well-organized, interactive meetings to maximize productivity or build consensus
- Emergency management consulting
- Public health organizational consulting, focus groups, and video production
- Branding and message development
- Leadership and communication skills development and train-the-trainer programs
We offer professional, creative and dependable conference planning and event management services on time and within budget. We have delivered these services for events ranging from small public agency department meetings to public hearings and events for over 2,000 participants. Our policy experience translates into added value for our clients. We help with program concept and development, speaker identification and target audience outreach. We manage the time-consuming logistics of an event so our clients can focus on strategic issues.
- Graphic design and production, including signage and branding
- Program concept, development and administration
- Logistical support, including venue and travel arrangements
- Mailings and social media promotion
- On-site coordination and press relations
- Public access accommodations
- Registration services
- Video production
- VIP advance work
Marketing and Communications
RVA has expertise in public sector print, video and radio strategy development and production services. We work with our clients to understand the project goals and present the goals, benefits and other details in easy to understand and graphically appealing formats. We assist our clients in communicating, engaging and building collaborative relationships with their stakeholders through different types of strategies.
Web-Based, Social and Emerging Media Services – We work closely with clients to develop websites, social media campaigns, email marketing, online surveys and other media and educational materials to take advantage of the unique opportunities of internet-based communications to reach new and diverse audiences.
Creative Services – We produce videos, PSAs and photo shoots and develop graphic design approaches for all our clients. Concepts and strategic approaches are developed in-house for all creative services.
Marketing and Engagement Services – Public sector marketing includes civic engagement that involves stakeholders in planning, design and construction projects, as well as strategic and educational campaigns.